Following strong organic growth in the market, company debuts optimised platform designed to empower local event creators
Eventbrite (NYSE: EB), a global ticketing and event technology platform that powers millions of events, today announced its expansion into Asia with the launch of its first localised platform in the Asian market.
The launch in Singapore is the company’s first foray into Asia’s booming events market and follows sizeable organic growth and adoption of Eventbrite in the Asia Pacific region. The
To date, Eventbrite has experienced strong growth in Singapore, powering more than 90,000 events in the country since inception. The success of the platform in-market points to:
- A rich and growing events industry: More than 4.9 million tickets have been transacted on Eventbrite in Singapore since inception.
- A deeply passionate community of event creators: With over 17,000 Singaporean event creators already using the Eventbrite platform, it appears that that locals love hosting live experiences.
- A country of diverse tastes: Eventbrite has seen strong organic growth in community, education, and food and wine events in Singapore, with events such as the Pinot Palooza pinot noir festival, Saturday Kids’ children’s education workshops and performances at The Singapore American School.
Eventbrite’s opportunity in Singapore is fuelled by the nation’s growing appetite for live experiences. Research released today conducted by Roy Morgan in conjunction with Eventbrite shows that 95% of Singaporeans attended an event in the past 12 months; with almost half (44%) of those surveyed stating they intend to increase the number of events they attend in the next year.
This research into Singapore’s growing experience economy also found:
- On average, Singaporeans reported that they spent a total of S$429 on live experiences from November 2017 to November 2018, while 13% of those surveyed reported that they spent more than S$1000 in that same period.
- The majority of Singaporeans (79%) would rather spend their money on an experience versus a tangible item.
- Close to two-thirds of Singaporean millennials (aged 18-34) attend live events to have something to share on social media (57%).
- Mature Singaporeans are seeking new skills: 59% of those aged 45+ attended an education class or workshop in the past year.
Phil Silverstone, General Manager, Asia Pacific, said Eventbrite’s launch into Asia comes at a time of immense opportunity.
“Singapore is a nation where live experiences are deeply woven into the cultural fabric. From its dynamic arts festivals to its world-famous food scene, there’s always something new and exciting to do in the Lion City; and it’s a market we view as strategic to Eventbrite’s long-term success in the Asia Pacific region,” he said.
“We’ve been closely tracking the events market in Singapore and are excited about the quality and breadth of events taking place. Following strong organic growth of our platform in-market, we’re pleased to deliver a localised offering that will help Singaporean event creators be even more successful and look forward to deepening our understanding of the local market to best serve their needs now, and into the future.”