Viu, a leading pan-regional OTT video service from PCCW Media Group with more than 36 million monthly active users (MAU), has won 12 awards at the first round of 2019 Asian Academy Creative Awards. The category winners qualify as the entries to represent their home market to compete with entries from other markets to win the grand category awards at the final round of Asian Academy Creative Awards in December of this year.
Viu talent and content wins in this round are in the following markets and categories:
- Best Adaptation of an Existing Format – The Bridge
- Best Comedy Performance – Jihan Musa in Keluarga Baha Don
- Best Comedy Programme – Keluarga Baha Don
- Best Direction in Malaysia – Kabir Bhatia for Salon
- Best Drama Series – The Bridge
- Best Original by a Streamer/OTT – Salon
- Best Promo or Trailer – Knock Out Girl
- Best Short Form Content – Viu Shorts: Maumere: Miu Mai
- Best Actress in a Supporting role – Lutesha in Halustik
- Best Branded Programme – Wardah Presents Running Girl
- Best Comedy Programme – 4Freaks 4Fam
- Best Documentary Series – Stolen Homelands
Ms. Helen Sou, Senior Vice President, Digital Media, PCCW Media Group, said, “We firmly believe in investing in and developing local talent and compelling stories through our Viu Original productions. The tremendous interest and engagement our consumers have shown to Viu Original further inspires us. We are pleased to receive industry recognition and the Asian Academy Creative Awards for Viu Original productions from many of our markets.”
Please check out the Viu mobile app which is available for free download on the App Store, Google Play, and selected smart TVs, as well as on the web at www.viu.com.