Another year has nearly passed, and it’s now time for us to look back at the creative creators, popular productions and viral videos that marked a year in Malaysian pop culture on YouTube. Say hello to the top videos and music videos of 2019 on youtube.com.my!
These videos were ranked according to time spent watching, sharing, commenting, liking and more by viewers based in Malaysia. They are also a representation of the amazing variety of creativity shared on YouTube Malaysia throughout the past year.
2019 continued the trend seen in previous years where local entertainment ruled the YouTube airwaves. Topping the top trending video list this time around are user-generated content (UGC) by 1-million-sub creators Syahmi Sazli and Alieff Irfan, while television shows by Astro Ceria, MeleTOP and Anugerah Juara Lagu 33 are scattered throughout the list. Local music was also seen trending, with ‘Jom Raya’ by entrepreneur-turned-singer Dato Aliff Syukri and ‘Baby Sayang’ by Caprice & Mira Filzah making the list. Other notables in the top 10 are more UGC by Zukieee and Power Vision, as well as highlights from Liverpool’s match against Barcelona in the UEFA Champions League.
These videos got Malaysian viewers entertained and amused with some interesting homegrown music, plenty of light-hearted moments and all-round memorable content that kept us feeling good throughout the year.
The Top Trending Music Video chart is also dominated by local talent, with rapper MeerFly taking up two spots on the list with ‘Haa Tepok’ and ‘BossKu’, while singer Alif Satar makes an appearance in the top three spots with ‘Sesungguhnya2019’. Local presence continues with Fakhrul Razi’s ‘Keris Sakti’ fresh from the new Upin & Ipin movie, Caprice, MK, Tuju & Zynakal’s ‘BAL’, and a remix of DJ Haning’s ‘Lagu Dayak’ by Nofin Asia. Malaysians were also singing along to chart-topper ‘Kill This Love’ by Blackpink, ‘Señorita’ by Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello, ‘On My Way’ by Alan Walker, Sabrina Carpenter & Farruko, as well as a live rendition of last year’s entry ‘Di Matamu’ by local singer Sufian Suhaimi.
Here are the top trending videos and music videos for Malaysia in 2019, based on views, shares, comments, likes and all the other things you do on YouTube:
Top Trending Videos of YouTube Malaysia 2019
- Drama Spontan 11: Parent vs Guru
- Pickupline Sekolah 4
- 10 Jenis Pelajar Sekolah (2019)
- Nabil teruja dapat jumpa dan dengar suara Upin & Ipin yang sebenar | MeleTOP | Keris Siamang Tunggal
- OFFICIAL Music Video JOM RAYA Aliff Syukri feat. Bella Astillah & Zizi Kirana – Tv Terlajak Laris
- Caprice & Mira Filzah- BABY SAYANG (Official Music Video)
- [FULL] Malam Kemuncak Anugerah Juara Lagu 33 | #AJL33
- EXTENDED HIGHLIGHTS: Liverpool FC 4-0 FC Barcelona (AGG: 4-3) UEFA Champions League Highlights
- NAIK KL- episod 1 – zukieee
- Experiment: Coca Cola and Mentos
Top Trending Music Videos of YouTube Malaysia 2019
- BLACKPINK – ‘Kill This Love’ M/V
- MeerFly – “HAA TEPOK” (Ft. MK | K-Clique & Kidd Santhe) [OFFICIAL LYRICS VIDEO]
- Alif Satar, Raihan – Sesungguhnya2019
- Shawn Mendes, Camila Cabello – Señorita
- MeerFly – “BossKu” (Ft. Tuju, SoMean, MK I K-Clique) [OFFICIAL LYRICS VIDEO]
- Alan Walker, Sabrina Carpenter & Farruko – On My Way
- Keris Sakti Official MV – Fakhrul Razi (OST Upin & Ipin : Keris Siamang Tunggal)
- BAL- Caprice, MK, Tuju, Zynakal (Official Music Video)
- Di Matamu – Sufian Suhaimi | #AJL33
- DJ Haning – Lagu Dayak (Remix Viral Full Bass 2019)