Google has just announced a list of the top trending places globally that people are headed in 2020, together with new features to help you pick the best hotel for your trip. Here’s the inside scoop on where Singaporeans are jet setting to:
Hermione Joye, Head of Travel for Google Asia Pacific said, “As avid travellers, Singaporeans are constantly on the lookout for travel deals and new destinations to explore. Search is a great starting point for them to plan their vacation and deciding when to visit as they’ll see how the weather, crowds and pricing vary across the year in the new search experience. We hope the new features will help simplify the planning process for people in their search for the right accommodation, so they can spend more time enjoying things that truly matter – the adventures and experiences abroad.”
You can read more about the features in this blog post, but here are some highlights:
- Know when to go: Visit google.com/travel on your desktop to find the best times to visit and typical hotel prices for your dates of travel. The “When to visit” tab shows how weather, crowds and pricing vary across the year and the “What you’ll pay” tab shows if prices are low, typical or high for the dates you’re considering (grouped by hotels’ star rating).
- Narrow down by neighbourhood: Click on “Where to stay” to get a summary of top neighbourhoods, including what each area is known for, its location score and the average cost of hotels in that neighbourhood. When you’ve decided which neighbourhoods you like, click “Apply” to update results to include only hotels in these areas.
- See personal results: In your hotel results, we’ll tell you if you’ve searched for or stayed at a hotel before, or if there are similar options to places you’ve stayed at in other cities. We’ll also call out hotels that are close to points of interest you’ve searched for.
- Understand how much you’ll pay for the whole stay: You can now see both the nightly price and the total price for your dates on the “Overview” or “Prices” tab when you check availability.
- Resume planning your trip in seconds: Easily access your trip information at google.com/travel by adding the Travel shortcut to your phone’s home screen. Haven’t booked yet? You’ll also be able to see recent searches and things you’ve saved for destinations you’ve been researching, so you can continue planning.