CEO Satya Nadella kicked off Microsoft Build 2020, the company’s annual developer conference, via virtual experience. He shared how Microsoft and its customers are addressing developer needs across all industries and how the company is uniquely positioned to help businesses adapt in a remote world.
The virtual conference featured 48 hours of free continuous programming for attendees including key segments from Scott Hanselman, Partner Program Manager, Scott Guthrie, EVP Cloud and AI Group, Rajesh Jha, EVP Experiences and Devices Group, Kevin Scott, CTO and James Phillips, President, Business Applications.
Key news highlighted:
- New tools and services available in Azure, M365 and Windows that empower developers to be more collaborative and productive
- Expanded capabilities – including open source and low-code tools – that help developers build apps quickly and learn new skills no matter where they are in their career or the world
- New innovations in healthcare through cloud solutions and Microsoft Teams that will help hospitals and care providers better manage the needs of patients
- The top student developer teams participating in Microsoft Imagine Cup, and the finalist named this year’s 2020 champion
- Advancements in artificial intelligence that help customers leverage the power of the cloud responsibly and scale AI solutions globally
A few key stories we want to call attention to include:
- Developers bring behind-the-scenes magic to help companies change course quickly in a crisis
- Azure Analytics: Clarity in an instant
- Microsoft responsible machine learning capabilities build trust in AI systems, developers say
- Microsoft Cloud for Healthcare makes it easier to remain agile and focus on
- Do you want to become a quantum developer and help solve the unsolvable?
- Skills for the future start today — new resources for students
- Microsoft acquires Softomotive to expand low-code Robotic Process Automation capabilities in Microsoft Power Automate