Global media intelligence company, Meltwater, has compiled a report highlighting key news media and social media stats following the announcement of Singapore’s 2020 general election.
Key highlights include:
- People’s Action Party (50.2%) generated the most buzz on news and social platforms in the past week, followed by Worker’s Party (16.6%) and Progress Singapore Party (16.1%).
- Social media conversations seem to have picked up steam in the last two days (8.9k total posts), following the nomination announcements.
- CPF, foreign talent / immigration and job-related conversations are among the key themes being discussed in association with GE2020.
Additionally, the report also analyses the social media presence of select political parties. Results include:
- The Worker’s Party (WP) witnessed a 7.6% increase in social media follower count over the past week, while People’s Action Party (PAP) and Singapore Democratic Party (SDP) both saw a 3.8% growth rate for the same.
- Most of PAP’s social media followers fall in the 18-24 and 25-34 years demographic split, while Worker’s Party and Progress Singapore Party (PSP) followers are largely the 18-24 age group.
- Across all the parties’ social media pages, posts announcing nominees drove the highest engagement in the past few days.
- WP had the highest Facebook interaction (sum of likes, reactions, comments and shares) over the past week, followed by PAP.
Read the full report here.