Pullman Hotels & Resorts, part of the Accor group, is pleased to introduce Pullman Power Fitness, a game-changing social fitness concept that positions Pullman as the world’s first boutique fitness hotel brand, with around the clock classes and a vibrant community of guests motivated to become the best versions of themselves. Pullman Power Fitness replaces the stale one-size-fits-all hotel gym environment with a bold, artful, social approach to contemporary fitness. More than a gym, it taps into a new era of training diversity, integrated technology and the support of a like-minded community to help Pullman guests stay on top of their fitness game. The new Pullman Power Fitness concept is now available at Pullman Paris Centre Bercy and will officially be rolled out to other Pullman hotels worldwide over the coming years including the 2021 opening of the brand’s newest flagship property, Pullman Paris Montparnasse.
“At Pullman, we help our guests to be at their personal best by inspiring their minds and energizing their bodies,” said Lilian Roten, Global Vice President, Brand Management, Pullman Hotels & Resorts. “As a result, we revolutionized our wider well-being strategy and created Pullman Power Fitness to be so much more than just a gym; it’s a creative lifestyle, a mindset, a community, where guests define and explore their ambitions. Through Pullman Power Fitness, we aim to be known as the hotel brand where entrepreneurs and world travelers go to work efficiently, enjoy effortlessly, and push their individual boundaries.”
Pullman Power Fitness is an essential component of the brand’s well-being strategy which encompasses the universal pillars of healthy living – sleep, food, sport, and spa – providing guests with the opportunity for healthier travel experiences based on their individual pursuits and routines. Power Fitness leverages these concepts, while emphasizing community and fun – qualities that are top of mind among the brand’s clientele.
“The introduction of Pullman Power Fitness is a great example of the focus Accor is placing on the well-being of our guests and the importance of wellness to consumers today and in the future,” said Emlyn Brown, Global Vice President, Well-Being, Luxury & Premium Brands, Accor. “Pullman Power Fitness is a best-in-class platform that draws on the energy and dynamism of the top fitness concepts globally. Our ambition is to blur the line between a boutique fitness experience and a more conventional hotel gym.”
“Despite the current global interruptions affecting so many worldwide, the consumer demand for modern and exciting fitness concepts is a global macro trend that is here to stay. Our approach encourages Pullman properties to facilitate innovation through video on-demand classes, in-room experiences, app-based exercise partnerships as well as outdoor exercise to create a truly holistic approach to fitness,” continued Brown.
Pullman has taken its cue from the global fitness industry which has undergone a major shift in recent years, with fitness boutiques driving demand for more tailored experiences and class-based fitness appealing to avid exercisers and a social media savvy generation. According to Modor Intelligence, the global health and fitness club market is projected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 7.8% between 2020 – 2025. In addition, research from Mintel has found that 66% of Gen Xer’s say they actively participate in self-care to improve their physical well-being and Global Webindex states that nearly 80% of millennials exercise at least once per week.
“High-end hospitality brands are also experiencing a shift in perception of fitness offerings from a mere amenity to a key facility and quality differentiator,” says Ms. Roten. “Once a niche need, sport and fitness offerings are no longer an option while traveling, it’s the standard that our guests desire and demand. Fitness is on the center stage for Pullman guests as a healthy body and inspired mind will help them perform at their best.”
Key elements of Pullman Power Fitness include:
- Spaces that energize – A collaborative partnership with leading experts London-based Bergman Interior, LA-based experts Fitness Design Group and Accor created a bold design concept, carefully developed and emerging as a vibrant fitness space that makes a statement, beckons interaction, and energizes bodies while uplifting spirits and inspiring minds.
- Pullman Power Fitness Fueled by Les Mills – Around the clock mix of live and virtual fitness classes, powered by Les Mills, the world’s largest fitness content provider. Features include Boot Camps led by the Pullman Fitness Squad; cutting edge virtual studios; and 30-day free access to Les Mills premium video on demand exercise classes during and post stay.
- Train Your Way – Integrated physical activity beyond the gym and fitness studio, including Fit Trails with outdoor exercise circuits; Fit Stairs to inspire a convenient and efficient workout while on the road; and In-Room Fitness Kits for achieving fitness goals in the privacy of the guestroom.
- Pullman Active Breakfast – recognizing that nutrition is an essential driver of health, energy and fitness levels, intersects with Power Fitness to create menus in tune with various dietary needs, abundant in clean food, wholesome ingredients and taste-tempting recipes.
- Good company- Pullman provides a social space, challenging experiences and vibrant community for meeting fitness goals among like-minded, driven individuals.
Pullman Power Fitness will be introduced in phases around the world beginning in October at select locations and continuing its global rollout throughout 2021 and beyond.