Winners for Google’s Premier Partner Awards were also announced at program graduation
The internet has rapidly reshaped how consumers behave, posing a new set of challenges for marketers—pushing them to constantly stay on top of changing consumer trends in order to reach and engage their audience more effectively. As such, it is up to media agencies to stay on the cutting edge of digital marketing and equip themselves with the latest tools and capabilities.
Over the course of five months, over 170 digital marketers from more than twenty local media agencies took part in Google’s “Digital Guru” training program, which culminated at the Digital Guru Graduation celebrating the program’s participants.
Throughout the three-level program held between May and September this year, participating agencies were able to dip their toes into deeper understanding of Google’s advertising solutions such as Search, Shopping Ads, Programmatic and YouTube in order for them to effectively help their clients.
“Agencies play a vital part in helping their clients reach their marketing objectives, and this bespoke training program has been designed to help our most valued agency partners build expertise across Google’s suite of ads solutions,” said Nick Drew, Head of Agency, Google Malaysia.
“The program also gives them the opportunity to share best practices and case studies with agency professionals from across the country. We are already looking forward to help more local agencies get their advertising engines up and running at next year’s Digital Guru training workshops,” added Drew.
The Digital Guru program aims to inspire agency partners to do more by working with them to solve their clients’ biggest business challenges with Google’s digital solutions, and becoming partners in their digital transformation along the way.
The Digital Guru Graduation also saw Trapper Media Group, a Petaling Jaya-based media specialist agency, announced as the Malaysian representative at this year’s Google Premier Partner’s APAC event in Tokyo, Japan.
The Premier Partner Awards honors innovation and performance in digital marketing across multiple verticals: “Display Innovation” for expertise and innovation with Google display ads, “Growing Businesses Online” for expertise in helping clients get, stay and grow online, “Mobile Innovation” for expertise and innovation in Google mobile ads, “Search Innovation” for expertise and innovation in Google search ads, and “Video Innovation” for expertise and innovation in Google video ads.
Here is the full list of awards and winners, in alphabetical order of category:
- The “Display Innovation” award was given to: Universal McCann, who visualized fans of their fast food restaurant chain client as eight distinct cravers in order to revive the brand’s popularity among fast food lovers, and increase the number of delivery orders made online.
- The “Growing Businesses Online” award was given to: Lion & Lion, who was able to show an innovative approach to generate results for a globally-renowned jewellery brand through remarketing practices that helped achieve record-breaking sales.
- The “Mobile Innovation” award was given to: Universal McCann for a campaign they developed to help a local internet service provider be the provider of choice during critical mobile-friendly micro-moments, in which they used contextual targeting to surface ads at exactly the right time.
- The “Search Innovation” award was given to: SearchGuru and their campaign for a multinational telecommunications company, which led to a significant increase in sales of the client’s mobile plans as well as devices through Shopping Ads and Search remarketing.
- The “Video Innovation” award was given to: Trapper Media Group for their success in increasing visits to petrol stations owned by an emerging Asian oil company through a partnership with a global navigation app. By leveraging on a new YouTube ad format, they were able to directly influence more drivers to visit the brand’s stations.
For more information of Google’s Premier Partner Awards, visit g.co/PremierPartnerAwards/sea.