Good day and a very Happy international Women’s Day!
This year’s theme of #BalanceForBetter highlights the importance of a gender-balanced world. This vision cannot be achieved by one group alone – everyone has a part to play, including brands.
Brands across Southeast Asia have been quick to jump onto the International Women’s Day bandwagon, sharing their gender equality efforts and diversity practices on their social media platforms.
Socialbakers, the world’s leading Social Media Marketing platform, took a closer look at the most engaging brands and posts that celebrated this important day, and here’s what we found:
- On Instagram and Facebook, lifestyle brands across the region received the most engagements on their International Women’s Day posts.
- In particular, the hospitality industry was well-represented on Instagram and Facebook, securing 3 spots in the Top 10 rankings for each platform.
- Interestingly, KPMG Malaysia was the only enterprise brand to be listed among the Top 10 brands on Instagram in Southeast Asia.
- In terms of specific markets, brands in Malaysia performed exceptionally well on Instagram, representing 6 out of 10 brands – La Juiceria Superfoods & Cold-Pressed Juices, Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur, XIXILI, KPMG Malaysia, SaSa Malaysia and POPLOOK.
- XIXILI was the only brand to appear in the Top 10 rankings for both platforms.
- When looking at specific brand posts, we found that Guardian Indonesia outperformed regional brands by a longshot on Instagram, achieving a total of 1,094 interactions on its International Women’s Day post.
- La Juiceria Superfoods & Cold-Pressed Juices dominated the charts on Instagram securing 3 out 6 spots.
- On Facebook, Manulife Cambodia won the hearts of users, with a total of 2,519 interactions on its post.