For the first time, WarnerMedia Entertainment Networks in Asia Pacific showed the strength of its new-look brand portfolio at two major award ceremonies in Singapore.
The media company – made up of the biggest name in news, CNN, and the region’s leading kids and entertainment channels, Cartoon Network and HBO – won five Asian Academy Creative Awards (AAAs) and 10 Promax Asia Awards.
On December 5 and 6, at the AAAs, WarnerMedia brands won in the following categories:
- Best Animated Programme or Series (2D or 3D): Cartoon Network – Lamput
- Best Lifestyle Programme: CNN – Destination Tohoku
- Best Actor in a Supporting Role: HBO – Jamie Aditya in Grisse
- Best Original Screenplay: HBO – The World Between Us
- Best Editing: HBO – The World Between Us
At this year’s Promax Asia Awards, on November 29, the talented creatives teams Cartoon Network and HBO picked up a double-digital haul in the following categories:
- Best Holiday / Seasonal Promo: HBO Asia Game of Thrones Holiday IDs
- Best Sting: HBO Asia Game of Thrones Tapestry ID
- Best Marketing Video/ Sizzle Reel/ Sneak Peeks Presentation: HBO Asia 2019 Sizzle Reel
- Best Promo Not Using Programme Footage: HBO Asia Game of Thrones Tapestry ID
- Best Drama Campaign: HBO Asia Original Series: Grisse Campaign
- Best Drama Promo: HBO Asia Original Series: Grisse
- Best Original Logo Design: HBO Asia Game of Thrones Lunar New Year ID
- Best Ident Design: HBO Asia Game of Thrones Tapestry ID
- Best Animation: HBO Asia Game of Thrones Tapestry ID
- Best Sting: Cartoon Network Halloween ID
In New Zealand, also on December 6, Cartoon Network – using content from the original series We Bare Bears – was the only international brand nominated in the Broadcast and Media category of Ngā Tohu Reo Māori 2019 for its Māori Language Week initiative “Reo Time”.
The AAAs celebrate the best from the region’s content industry. It is part of the Singapore Media Festival, supported by the Singapore Infocomm Media Development Authority.
The Promax Awards are the world’s premier celebration of outstanding achievement in entertainment marketing and design. Across eleven regional and global competitions, the Promax Awards honour the teams harnessing passionate fandom to drive audiences, create value and build the biggest brands in entertainment.