In this episode of Business Over Drinks, David Wong, the CEO and Co-Founder of Deemples shares his story as a salesman, entrepreneur and founder of one of the most successful sports startups in Southeast Asia. This Malaysian entrepreneur has successfully raised funds multiple times to build a successful sports tech startup in the region and is now expanding to Australia.
We cover issues such as:
- How to start an app and should you? (spoiler alert – don’t do it)
- Tech versus marketing, what is more essential?
- How they scaled from 0 – 1,000 users, then beyond that.
- How Deemples survived COVID-19 and how they scaled?
- What are some of the lessons he learnt from COVID-19?
For show notes, find out more here.